Friday, September 25, 2009

Our house. In the middle of our street.

This is the Rex House. We lived between some Dead Heads and some organic gardeners. One of my favorite things about living here, is our street. We have everything from new homes like ours, to a yurt (seriously), to an architects home.
I am in love with this house. Obviously the iphone can't do it justice. You have to visit to get the full effect. They have a giant sunroom, or greenhouse, or something in their backyard.

Their chickens roam around the front yard. It's kind of one of those awkward situations where I'm not sure if this is something I should inform them of, or if this is something that's pretty normal. I mean, the rooster was almost hit by a bike.....
This is a studio of one of our other neighbors. Pretty cool huh? I really like that everyone is so friendly and laid back in our neighborhood. The Dead Heads sit out on the porch and listen to the band practice on Sundays. HOWEVER there is one thing that I do NOT like about this street. Enter exhibit A.

Oh sure he's pretty. But we have at least two of the roaming our street (i know right? crazy!). One of their favorite haunts is the roof of the house across the street from us. Well I guess the best way to explain their annoyance is for you to hear it yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Are these wild peacocks? Or pets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wildish? Kind of like a feral cat. but a peacock. Definitely not pets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci said that peacock 'shit' is also flammable, so don't put any of your cigs out in it!

    ReplyDelete