Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kate and the coast

Kate and I drove out to Ecola State Park for the day. The outlook where we were standing is the site of an old homestead. Can you imagine waking up every day and seeing this?

We wanted to hike down to Crescent Beach, but the waves were SO HUGE that I got freaked out. I decided that the very large, very wide Cannon Beach would be a better choice. I read an article about "sneaker" waves in this guide book I have, and I look at the coast a bit differently now.






See that bag in my hand? It is full of salt water taffy. We ate so much that I thought I was going to be sick.

Around this rock there are so many tidal pools. It was neat to see sea anemones so close up!

I don't know if you can make out the people in the picture, but they are going out to catch the surf. The water was so cold that day. So painful. I can't describe it.
Yeah for Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment